Toggle menu

Your Home

Information about your new home and managing it.

When you accept the keys for your new home you will sign a legal document called a Tenancy Agreement. The tenancy agreement is the most important document you have for your new home. Your Community Housing Officer will have gone through this document with you when you signed it and will have highlighted the main rights you have as a council tenant and also your responsibilities. 

When you start a new tenancy the property should meet this standard. [42KB] .

The below information answers frequently asked questions about your tenancy.
Planned Maintenance, Repairs, Improvement and Insurance
A Mutual Exchange is where a council tenant swaps houses with another Secured Scottish Tenant of the council, another Registered Social Landlord, or another local authority.
Some tips on Preparing For Your New Home
This is a grant which will be awarded to Council Tenants to help them move from a house they are under-occupying. This is where there are at least two bedrooms unused, and the tenant is moving to a house more suitable for their needs.
Information on Equipment and Adaptations that may be available to you.