The West Lothian Council's Ranger Service has its office at Beecraigs Country Park and works across the district.
The Ranger Service together with the rest of the Parks & Woodland staff, provide invaluable skills, expertise and experience in the management of West Lothian's countryside.
Ranger Events Programme
The Ranger Service is currently promoting the "Friends of" groups and the Volunteer Ranger Service.
Find out more at
Friends of Little Boghead (information to follow)
Friends of Blackmoss (information to follow)
West Lothian Volunteer Ranger Service
- The Volunteer Ranger Service offers additional volunteering opportunities across West Lothian, with sessions running on one Sunday and one Thursday per month. Planned practical outdoor tasks include vegetation control, tree management and pond work and sites include Beecraigs, Polkemmet and Almondell & Calderwood Country Parks, as well as other local green spaces. No experience is necessary to get involved.
- For details of future volunteering sessions, please check out the Council's Facebook page or email the Rangers - Ranger Service
Ranger Service Costs 2023/24
Standard booking/activity charge of up to 1.5hours maximum. Adult £4.70 & Child £3.25 per head
Classroom Based Presentation (not activity) - £32.25
Activity based at school up to 1 1/2 hours maximum - £3.25 per head
If making a booking with the Rangers or arranging a visit, please discuss your requirements in advance. Prices can change according to the nature of the activity. Got a question for or need some advice from the Ranger Service, then get in touch and the Rangers will do their best to help.
Events and activities run throughout the year and provide interest to people of all ages and abilities. Contact us to book onto your preferred activity (please see contact details below).
The Ranger team will:
- Encourage and assist visitors to enjoy West Lothian's countryside
- Assist in the management of access across West Lothian
- Provide interpretative facilities, lead/coordinate public events, presentations and children's activities and promote working with volunteers, community and partner organisations
- Assist in managing the natural heritage enjoyed by visitors and enhancing biodiversity
- Promote awareness and understanding of the natural environment
The Service will help you both to enjoy your visit and understand the needs of the countryside.
Ranger Service Contact Details
The Ranger team work from Beecraigs Country Park and can be contacted by email
Customer Satisfaction and Feedback Survey
Please help us to improve our service to you by completing our survey - Parks & Woodland Ranger Service Survey