Parks and Woodland
West Lothian is home to three great country parks as well as a host of open spaces and park land.
- Beecraigs Country Park Beecraigs Country Park is a great place to visit. It caters for a wide range of leisure and recreational activities within its 370 hectares (913 acres) and can be discovered nestled high in the Bathgate Hills near the historic town of Linlithgow.
- Polkemmet Country Park Polkemmet Country Park is a popular 68 hectare (168 acre) visitor attraction near Whitburn. The Park offers beautiful woodland and riverside walks, play area, picnic areas with seating and a barbecue facility. The Park also runs a golf course, a driving range and a bowling green.
- Almondell & Calderwood Country Park Almondell & Calderwood Country Park is tucked out of sight in the valley of the River Almond between Broxburn and East Calder, Almondell & Calderwood Country Park is probably the best kept secret in West Lothian!
- Ranger Service West Lothian Council's Ranger Service has bases at Almondell & Calderwood Country Park, Beecraigs Country Park and Polkemmet Country Park.
- Countryside News Update on news across Parks & Woodlands, including Beecraigs, Polkemmet and Almondell & Calderwood Country Parks and other key public sites.
- Walks in West Lothian Experience the countryside of West Lothian by enjoying a range of walks at a place near to you.