Services available, business hours and contact details
Please note the new telephone number for Whitburn library is: 07919 990 242
Whitburn Library offers a wide range of services to people of all ages:
- Books for children, young people and adults
- Talking books
- Large Print books
- Book Group
- Bookbug sessions
- Large keyboard and hearing induction loop available at one public PC
- High visibility keyboard
- Boardmaker software
- Quick reads and High Low books available
- Free replacement hearing aid batteries
- Free WiFi
- Five PCs with free computer access - PC access should be booked in advance by telephoning the library or online using the following link: My PC Booking System
- Photocopying and printing services are available in the library. Prices are displayed on the following document: Please note we are unable to accept card payments.
- Accessible parking bays nearby
- Local bus stops are approximately a few minutes' walk away
- Main doors have disabled push button access
- Wheelchair access to building via ramp
- Accessible toilet
Booking is essential for all activities (unless specified otherwise), please call: 01501 678050 or click the following link to email: Whitburn library
Activities for Children
Summer Reading Challenge - The Summer Reading Challenge is open to all primary school aged children and is designed for all reading abilities. Children can read whatever they like - comic books, fact books, joke books, picture books - just as long as they are borrowed from the library. Children receive special rewards each time they finish a book and there's a certificate and medal for everyone who completes the Challenge.
This year's Summer Reading Challenge theme 'Gadgeteers', is all about science and innovation. Throughout the summer the library has lots of Gadgeteer activities below to take part in:
All Summer Reading Challenge activities are from 2pm - 3pm
• Thursday 30th June - Make your own Binoculars
• Thursday 7th July - Draw and colour in Mr. Gadget
• Thursday 14th July - Make a scientific telescope
• Thursday 21st July - Make your own spy face mask
• Thursday 28th July - Make a gadget member ID card
• Thursday 4th August - Create your own futuristic armband
• Thursday 11th August - Medal Ceremony!
Lego Club - Primary school age children
- Fridays 1st, 15th & 29th July, 2pm - 3pm
Junior Book Club - Primary school age children
- Fridays 8th & 22nd July, 2pm - 3pm
Thursdays 14th and 28th July, 10.15am
Activities for Adults
***NEW*** Tea n' Tablet drop-in sessions - No booking required
This Summer learn all about using a tablet, iPad, smartphone, Chromebook or laptop with Adult Learning.
You can bring along your own device or use one of ours and we'll even bring the biscuits and get the kettle on! For more information please Freefone - 0800 731 1831 or email- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mondays 4th, 11th, 18th & 25th July, 1pm - 3pm
Year of Stories 2022 - Object of My Desire - Do you have a treasured object or item? Something that you hold dear because of the special memories it has for you and the feelings it evokes? Bring your item along to the library (or a photo of it, if it's too large to bring) and share your story with other people sharing theirs at our story-telling & writing session, led by writer Andy Manders.
- Monday 8th August, 11am
The Session should last around an hour but you can blether for as long as you like!
Over 50's Jigsaw Club (weekly) - Tea/Coffee will be available, please bring your own cup.
- Every Monday & Wednesday, 10am - 12noon
New memberships: Details on how to become West Lothian library member can be found on our library membership webpage
Current display - Whitburn Band
Whitburn Museum is currently featuring a display from Whitburn Band which showcases photographs and prizes from the band's rich history.
Monday: 10am – 3pm
Tuesday: 11am - 5pm - Self service only
Wednesday: 10am – 3pm
Thursday: 10am – 5pm
Friday: 11am – 5pm
Saturday: 10am – 1pm
Tel: 07919 990 242