Ian Tennant Library, Whitburn
Services available, business hours and contact details
The Ian Tennant Library offers a wide range of services to people of all ages:
- Books for children, young people and adults
- Talking books
- Large Print books
- Book Group
- Bookbug sessions
- Large keyboard and hearing induction loop available at one public PC
- High visibility keyboard
- Boardmaker software
- Quick reads and High Low books available
- Free replacement hearing aid batteries
- Free WiFi
- Eight PCs with free computer access - PC access should be booked in advance by telephoning the library or online using the following link: My PC Booking System
- Photocopying and printing services are available in the library. Prices are displayed on the following document: Please note we are unable to accept card payments.
- Customer car park with 3 dedicated accessible parking bays
- Local bus stops are approximately a few minutes' walk away
- Main doors have disabled push button access
- Wheelchair access to building via ramp
- Accessible toilet
Join us for some mince pies as we bring an event from the Edinburgh Fringe to Whitburn Partnership Centre for the Christmas Cabaret of Dangerous Ideas!
We're excited to be hosting Heriot-Watt Psychology expert Professor Alan Gow.
Staying sharp as you age is easy... just "do this one simple thing"! But what if there isn't just 'one simple thing' but dozens or even hundreds of things we need to do? Sounds like hard work! If we know what might be good for our brain health though, maybe we can start to make lots of smaller but more manageable changes rather than one big one. Join Professor Alan Gow (Heriot-Watt University) to explore what we know about how our thinking skills change as we age, and how lots of things affecting that might actually give us hope for keeping sharp as we age. And in a Christmas twist, we'll consider how many of those things Santa has on his naughty and nice list!
New memberships: Details on how to become West Lothian library member can be found on our library membership webpage
Booking is essential for all activities (unless specified otherwise), please call: 07919 990 242 or click the following link to email: Whitburn library
A selection of board games are available for use in the library during library opening hours - Just ask a member of staff for the game and play, then return when finished!
Subject to availability of games and available space in library at the time of request. Not available on self-service days.
Activities for Children
Lego Club - Primary school age children
- Fridays 8th & 22nd December, 2pm - 3pm
Junior Book Club - Primary school age children
- Fridays 1st, 15th & 29th December, 2pm - 3pm
Thursday 7th December, 10.15am
Activities for Adults
Over 50's Jigsaw Club - Tea/Coffee will be available, please bring your own cup.
- Mondays 4th, 11th & 18th December, 10am - 12pm
- Every Wednesday in December, 10am - 12pm
Knit & Natter - Bring along your own craft (e.g. knitting, crochet, embroidery etc) and enjoy a cuppa and some company
- Wednesdays 6th, 13th & 20th December, 9am - 12pm
- Every Friday in December, 9am - 12pm
Current display - Whitburn Band
Come along and explore Whitburn's rich history and our displays co-curated with the local community.
We also have a fantastic temporary exhibition curated by Whitburn Band which tells the history of the band from creation to the current day. The new space also incorporates a digital kiosk which will host changing displays and photos from our rich collections.
Whitburn Partnership Centre
2 Armadale Road
Monday: 10am – 3pm
Tuesday: 11am - 5pm - Self service only
Wednesday: 10am – 3pm
Thursday: 10am – 5pm
Friday: 11am – 5pm
Saturday: 10am – 1pm
Tel: 01506 284888