West Lothian has fourteen Community Libraries and one Local History Library.
To allow essential maintenance be carried out, West Lothian Libraries online catalogue, library accounts and click & collect service will be unavailable from 8pm on Monday 12th June until 6am on Tuesday 13th June. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Please help us continue to improve by telling us about your experiences when visiting our libraries: Customer & Community Services - Customer Satisfaction survey (opens new window) .
West Lothian Community Libraries offer a wide range of services for people of all ages.
- Books for children, young people and adults
- Audio/Talking books
- Large print books
- Quick reads and High Low books
- Book groups
- Bookbug sessions
- Activities and clubs
- Free replacement hearing aid batteries
- PCs providing free computer access - PC access should be booked in advance by telephoning the library online using the following link: My PC Booking System
- Photocopying and printing services are available in every library at very competitive rates. Prices are displayed on the following document: Library service charges [89.67KB] Please note we are unable to accept card payments.
All West Lothian Libraries have wheelchair access, automatic or accessible push button door entry systems, accessible toilet facilities and are breastfeeding friendly venues.
For accessible parking information please check the webpage of the library you wish to visit: Your Library
The following accessibility resources are available in our Community Libraries:
- Accessible public access computers
- Big button-high vis keyboards
- Adobe reader and read aloud software available on all public access computers
- Boardmaker software - Please note this is currently unavailable at Whitburn library, apologies for any inconvenience
- Audio/Talking books
- Large Print books
- High Low books - (High Low books are highly engaging whilst easy to read)
- All digital reading resources have accessibility options: Digital Library
Are you looking for information and support?
Macmillan @ West Lothian provide support in person by appointment in Bathgate, Livingston and Strathbrock Partnership Centres, and also by phone and email. For cancer information, support, or just someone to talk to contact us today on 01506 283053 or email MacmillanWestLothian@westlothian.gov.uk
cloudLibrary App - Borrowing books just got easier and safer
Introducing cloudLibrary a fantastic, modern way to check out books from the library via your smartphone or tablet. Download the cloudLibrary by bibliotheca app from your app store and register using your library membership number and PIN. When you visit the library and have selected the books you wish to borrow, simply scan their barcodes using your smartphone or tablet, finish the checkout process in the app, then pack your books and go!
Current methods of checking out items, such as self-service kiosks, and handing to library staff can still be used.
Please click the following link for user guide leaflet: cloudLibrary App User Guide [616KB]
If you require any assistance with downloading or using cloudLibrary please ask a member of staff in any West Lothian library or email: email@example.com (opens new window)
New memberships: You can still join the library by completing the online application on our library membership webpage