Services available, business hours and contact details
Please note: Linlithgow Library will be closed on Monday 13th March 2023 for the annual stock check to be carried out. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Linlithgow Library offers a wide range of services to people of all ages:
- Books for children, young people and adults
- Talking books
- Large Print books
- Quick reads and High Low books available
- Book Groups
- Bookbug sessions
- Boardmaker software
- High Visibility keyboard
- Free replacement hearing aid batteries
- 7 PCs providing free computer access - PC access should be booked in advance by telephoning the library online using the following link: My PC Booking System (opens new window)
- Photocopying and printing services are available in the library. Prices are displayed on the following document: Library service charges [105KB] Please note we are unable to accept card payments.
- Free WiFi
- Two Accessible parking bays nearby
- Local bus stops are approximately a few minutes' walk away
- No steps to access the main door
Community Connections Drop In Sessions - Every Thursday, 2pm - 4pm
Not sure what support is out there? Come along to our Health & Wellbeing drop in sessions run by West Lothian Health and Social Care Partnership to have a conversation, enjoy a cuppa and let us point you in the right direction.
New memberships: Details on how to become West Lothian library member can be found on our library membership webpage
Booking is essential for all activities (unless specified otherwise), please call: 01506 283880 or click the following link to email: Linlithgow library (opens new window)
Sonic Screwdriver Science! - Suitable for ages 7+ or anyone interested in conservation science!
- Friday 3rd March, 2pm - 3pm
As part of the Borrow A Researcher series in collaboration with Heriot-Watt University, West Lothian Council Libraries are hosting a range of Family Fridays across March 2023. Borrow A Researcher is an event series generated from the Engaging Libraries Lothian Lugs project. This was designed to bring events to local West Lothian communities that were specifically tailored to public interest.
As part of the Family Fridays Borrow A Researcher programme, we are hosting researcher Dr Craig Kennedy on Friday March 3rd with a 'sonic screwdriver' like device from the Dr Who franchise!
The sonic screwdriver has been a part of Dr Who since 1968. It has many functions, one of which is to scan matter and let the Doctor know what it is made of. The Doctor has travelled through time and space with his side kicks and trusted screwdriver - now it's your turn!
Join us to explore how sonic scanning can be done in reality, using a portable scanner that can analyse inorganic material. The portable X-ray fluorescence system can be used to find out what things are made of, including metals, glass, rocks and paint. It's used across various fields of research, ranging from historic castle glass, to heritage exploration, to unusual building materials, metals, soil and ceramics.
You can come along and see this machine in action - or bring along an item for analysis! If you're interested about what's in a rock, glass, metal object or painting you can find out and explore with us!
Community Jigsaw - No booking required - Suitable for all ages and abilities
- Pop in and help us complete our jigsaw, just add a piece or two (or more) every time you visit the library.
Activities for Children
Unsupervised Children's Activities - No booking required
- Colouring-in sheets - Available during library opening hours
- Children's treasure hunt - Available Tuesday -Saturday
- Crafts - Available Tuesday - Saturday
Supervised Children's Activities - Booking required unless specified otherwise
- Fridays 10th, 17th, 24th & 31st March, 2.15pm - 3.15pm - Fully booked with waiting list available
- Thursdays 2nd & 16th March, 10am
- Tuesdays 7th & 28th March, 10am
Gaelic Bookbug Sessions
- Tuesday 14th March, 10.45am
Activities for Young Adults
Diamond Art Club - S1-S6
Limited Spaces available for our New Diamond Art Club choose your design provided by us and every week come join us in the challenge to complete you chosen picture.
- Every Tuesday & Thursday, 4.30pm-5.30pm
Activities for Adults
Coffee morning for World Book Day - No booking required
- Thursday 2nd March, 10.30am - 12pm
Craft & Chat group
- Every Tuesday, 2pm - 4pm
Adult Jigsaw club
- Every Wednesday, 10am - 12pm
Linlithgow Readers - book group
- Tuesday 7th March, 6pm - 7pm
Book Reviews and Recommendations
Linlithgow Partnership Centre
Tam Dalyell House
Monday: 9am - 5pm - Self service only
Tuesday: 9am – 7pm
Wednesday: 9am – 5pm
Thursday: 9am – 7pm
Friday: 9am – 5pm
Saturday: 10am – 1pm
Tel: 01506 283880
There is no customer car park available at this building. Options include the various public car parks within the town or, if there are spaces available, the street adjacent to the building.