Lanthorn Library @ Torridon House, Almondvale Boulevard, Livingston EH54 6QY
Services available, business hours and contact details
Lanthorn Library provides a comprehensive library service for people of all ages:
- Books for children, young people and adults
- Talking books
- Large Print books
- Quick reads and High Low books available
- Book Group
- Bookbug sessions
- Boardmaker software
- High visibility keyboard
- Free replacement hearing aid batteries
- Free WiFi
- Four PCs providing free computer access - PC access should be booked in advance by telephoning the library you wish to visit or online using the following link: My PC Booking System
- Photocopying and printing services are available in the library. Prices are displayed on the following document: Please note we are unable to accept card payments.
Booking is essential for all activities (unless specified otherwise), please call: 01506 284940 or click the following link to email: Lanthorn library
Help us complete the Jigsaw - No booking required, just add a piece or two (or more) to our jigsaw every time you visit the library.
Activities for Children
- Suitable for children aged 5+ must be accompanied by an adult
Have you ever wondered what creatures used to roam Scotland before humans or if Scotland's ever actually been warm? Join this interactive workshop led by a real rock detective (aka a geologist) to learn about Scotland's eruptive past.
- Friday 19th August, 3.15pm - 4.15pm
Summer Reading Challenge - The Summer Reading Challenge is open to all primary school aged children and is designed for all reading abilities. Children can read whatever they like - comic books, fact books, joke books, picture books - just as long as they are borrowed from the library. Children receive special rewards each time they finish a book and there's a certificate and medal for everyone who completes the Challenge.
This year's Summer Reading Challenge theme 'Gadgeteers', is all about science and innovation. Throughout the summer the library has lots of Gadgeteer activities below to take part in:
- Tuesday 2nd August, 11am - Come along and make your own lava lamp
- Fridays 5th & 19th August, 2pm - 3pm
- Wednesdays 10th & 24th August, 10am - 10.30am
Activities for Adults
***NEW*** Tea n' Tablet sessions
This Summer learn all about using a tablet, iPad, smartphone, Chromebook or laptop with Adult Learning.
You can bring along your own device or use one of ours and we'll even bring the biscuits and get the kettle on! For more information or to book a place, please Freefone - 0800 731 1831 or email- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuesdays 2nd & 9th August, 1pm - 3pm
***NEW*** Coffee Mornings - Join us for a cuppa and a blether!
- Wednesdays 3rd, 17th & 31st August, 11am - 12pm
- Thursday 4th August, 3pm - 4pm
New memberships: Details on how to become West Lothian library member can be found on our library membership webpage
Tuesday: 11am – 5pm
Wednesday: 11am – 4pm
Thursday: 10am – 7pm
Friday: 11am – 5pm
Saturday: 10am – 1pm
Tel: 01506 284940
Please see map below for location of Lanthorn library @ Torridon House