Toggle menu

Apply for Planning Permission

Find out the planning fee and other consents which might be required. The Government's ePlanning website makes submitting an application quick and easy.

Planning applications can be submitted easily and speedily online using the Government's ePlanning service, or by post.
ePlanning can be the quickest and easiest way to submit a planning application.
The scale of fees for applications is set by the Scottish Government through The Town and Country Planning (Fees for Applications) (Scotland) Regulations 2022.
For major applications the applicant must carry out a community consultation exercise for certain types of development before a formal planning application is made.
Planning permission in principle is a type of application that allows a proposal - a residential development, for example - to be assessed without having to give the details of the layout, design or finish of any buildings.
Use this form if applying for planning permission. Note this is not the form for householder extensions.
How to apply for planning permission if you intend to alter or extend a house or flat.
Applications to display adverts on land or buildings.
Use these application forms if you propose the demolition of or any alterations or extensions to a Listed Building, or the demolition of an unlisted building in a Conservation Area.
If you feel that a neighbour's hedge is blocking your light you can apply to the council to serve a High Hedge Notice on the owner of the hedge.
If you are contemplating any works to protected trees / woodlands or need to find out whether a tree is protected, please use the online tools provided here.
For minor alterations to an unimplemented planning permission
Use this form to apply to modify or discharge a section 75 legal agreement under the planning acts.
This form is for: proposed farm or forestry building works, freestanding domestic micro-wind turbines and domestic air-source heat pumps, or the demolition of a residential building or a structure attached to a residential building.
Use the links below to access forms to let us know when you start or finish your development.