Experts by Experience
If you have experience of struggling to manage on a low income, either directly or indirectly, and would like to have an input and discuss ways to help the community, we would like to hear from you.
As part of West Lothian Council's the 'Experts by Experience' Panel has been established to gather the views of those who have experience, or know of someone, who has experienced poverty at some point in their lives. The success of the panel will create a better picture of poverty in West Lothian and inform our planning to tackle the major issues surrounding poverty.
As a member of the panel you could choose to take part by:
- Attending monthly meetings
- Contributing to forward planning of the panel activities
- Acting as a consultation panel for various West Lothian Council departments' strategy updates
- Attending, and contributing, where appropriate, to additional working groups
- Reviewing Advice Shop publicity materials
- Assisting with creating action plans for projects agreed by the panel
- Undertaking activities as a 'mystery shopper' to inform future action planning
If you would like to get involved or would like further information please call 01506 283000 (option 4) or e-mail: email@example.com