Fleeing violence or fear of violence

If you have left your previous home and remain absent due to fear of violence occurring either in your home or outside of your home by a former member of your family, benefit may be paid on two properties for up to 52 weeks.

This can only apply if:

  • It is reasonable to pay Housing Benefit for both properties
  • You intend to return to your former home

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon