West Calder Library
Services available, business hours and contact details
Please note: West Calder Library will be closed on Friday 8th March to allow our annual stock check to take place. We apologise for any inconvenience.
West Calder Library offers a wide range of services to people of all ages:
- Books for children, young people and adults
- Talking books
- Large Print books
- Quick reads and High Low books available
- Bookbug sessions
- Free replacement NHS hearing aid batteries
- Boardmaker software
- High Vis/Large key keyboard
- Four PCs providing free computer access - PC access should be booked in advance by telephoning the library or online using the following link: My PC Booking System
- Photocopying and printing services are available in the library. Prices are displayed on the following document: Please note we are unable to accept card payments.
- One disabled parking bay nearby
- Local bus stop is approximately a five minute walk away
- Main door has disabled push button access
- Disabled flat bed lift for customer access
- Hearing induction loop system
New memberships: Details on how to become West Lothian library member can be found on our library membership webpage
Monday: 10am – 4pm
Tuesday: 10am – 7pm
Wednesday: 11am – 4pm
Thursday: 11am – 6pm
Friday: 10am – 3pm
Saturday & Sunday: Unavailable
Tel: 01506 283550
There is a car park within the grounds of the building and access is from Limefield Road. However, parking is limited with only 6 spaces available - this includes one accessible space.
Customers can access the building via one of two entrances: the main front door or the side entrance (which is fully accessible).