Services available, business hours and contact details
Blackburn Library offers a wide range of services to people of all ages:
- Books for children, young people and adults
- Talking books
- Large Print books
- Quick reads and High Low books available
- Bookbug sessions
- Boardmaker software
- High visibility keyboard
- Free replacement NHS hearing aid batteries
- Seven PCs providing free computer access - PC access should be booked in advance by telephoning the library you wish to visit or online using the following link: My PC Booking System.
- Photocopying and printing services are available in the library. Prices are displayed on the following document: Please note we are unable to accept card payments.
- Disabled parking bays nearby
- Local bus stops outside centre
- Main door has disabled push button access
- Hearing induction loop system
New memberships: Details on how to become West Lothian library member can be found on our library membership webpage
Booking is essential for all activities(unless specified otherwise), please call: 01506 283990 / 01506 283991 or click the following link to email: Blackburn library
Activities for children
Summer Reading Challenge - The Summer Reading Challenge is open to all primary school aged children and is designed for all reading abilities. Children can read whatever they like - comic books, fact books, joke books, picture books - just as long as they are borrowed from the library. Children receive special rewards each time they finish a book and there's a certificate and medal for everyone who completes the Challenge.
This year's Summer Reading Challenge theme 'Gadgeteers', is all about science and innovation. Throughout the summer the library has lots of Gadgeteer activities below to take part in:
Gadgeteers Treasure Hunt - Throughout July - Available during library hours (ask at desk)
- Thursday 7th July 10.30-11.30 - MallowBots - Make robots out of marshmallows & other sweets
- Thursday 14th July 10.30-11.30 - Gem it up - Create and make your own Necklace/Bracelet
- Thursday 21st July 10.30-12.30 - Get your game on - Selection of board/table top games
- Thursday 28th July 10.30-11.30 - Taking the Biscuit - Decorate your own biscuit
Lego Club - Recommended for children aged 5 - 8 years.
- Every Friday, 2.30pm - 3.30pm
- Tuesday 19th July, 10.30am - 11am
Activities for adults
Year of Stories 2022 - Object of My Desire - Do you have a treasured object or item? Something that you hold dear because of the special memories it has for you and the feelings it evokes? Bring your item along to the library (or a photo of it, if it's too large to bring) and share your story with other people sharing theirs at our story-telling & writing session, led by writer Andy Manders.
- Tuesday 12th July, 11am
The Session should last around an hour but you can blether for as long as you like!
***NEW*** Tea n' Tablet drop-in sessions - No booking required
This Summer learn all about using a tablet, iPad, smartphone, Chromebook or laptop with Adult Learning.
You can bring along your own device or use one of ours and we'll even bring the biscuits and get the kettle on! For more information please Freefone - 0800 731 1831 or email- email@example.com
- Tuesdays 19th & 26th July, 10am - 12pm
Adult Jigsaw Club
- Every Thursday, 10.30am - 12pm
Blackburn Partnership Centre
Monday: 9am - 5pm - Self service only
Tuesday & Friday: 9am – 5pm
Wednesday: 9am – 3pm
Thursday: 9am – 7pm
Saturday: 10am – 1pm
Tel: 01506 283990 or 01506 283991