Bulky Uplift Service Standards
We have an agreed level of service which we aim to meet for each Bulky Uplift request.
Please see our Service Standards page for further information:
- Payment must be made at the time of booking
- We may need to visit your property to give a bespoke quote for items not listed.
- We will tell the customer when the collection date will take place. Collection will normally be within 7 working days of request.
- We will remove items to be uplifted from the nearest point within the garden to the roadside. We cannot enter a house to collect items
- We will ensure that all articles are disposed of in accordance within current waste management legislation
- Customer must specify all items to be uplifted and only these items will be uplifted (this is for risk and insurance purposes). All specified items must be grouped together.
- The area where your bulky uplift is to be presented must be free from dog fouling
- If you authorise us to collect items from your garden we accept no liability for loss or damage to plants, landscaping or ornaments
- If you wish to change the number / type of items after your booking has been made this must be done by 12 noon (lunch time) the working day before the collection is due or you may forfeit your collection appointment.
- We must be notified of any cancellations by 12 Noon (lunch time) the previous working day, otherwise we will be unable to give a refund
- We accept cancellations by phone or through the CIS offices
Also in this section
- Where, when and how should I leave my bulky uplift items?
- What can I not have uplifted?
- How much do I pay for a bulky uplift?
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have 6 items in total, it would cost £36.58 for the first 5 and then another £36.58 for the 6th item. For the same price you could have 10 items uplifted as it would be £36.58 for the first 5 items and then another £36.58 for the other 5 items.
Your items will be uplifted anytime between 7am and 8pm on the day you have selected.
Please ensure your items are presented for collection by 7am to avoid missing your collection.
If your items are not uplifted by 8pm on the scheduled day please leave the items to be collected outside, covered and in an area which is the closest point to the road until they are collected.
We do not accept bagged waste as part of a bulky uplift. Any bags of general waste should either be placed in your grey bin or stored safely within your property until it can be placed in the bin.
Yes a tied bundle would be 1 item but the bundle must be of a reasonable/manageable size to be lifted by 1 person.
By this we mean something that can be lifted by an average person without causing injury.
All items listed for uplift should be left together in an area outside which is the closest point to the road (please do not leave in the rear garden of your property unless this is the closet access point to the road) and is accessible from 7am in the morning. Unfortunately we cannot uplift items from inside your property.
We cannot uplift items from garages.
All items should be placed at ground level.
Timber and laminated flooring should be maximum of 6ft length and 1ft wide. It should be tied or taped into manageable bundles. There must be no protruding nails or screws.
If your uplift includes soft furnishings such as a mattress, sofa, or carpets, these need to be covered to stop them getting wet (wet items will not be uplifted). Things are much heavier to lift when they are wet.
All glass objects such as mirrors, television screens and any other glazed units should have the glass secured with tape before the item is uplifted, this to prevent it from breaking during transit. (If broken this can be placed into a cardboard box and taped securely). Please see photographs as a guide -
Fridges and freezers must be empty and not contain any food or drink and doors must be taped shut.
If your items are not uplifted on the scheduled day please leave the items to be collected outside, covered and in an area which is the closest point to the road until they are collected.
WLC schools and council buildings can request a bulky uplift however we will have to discuss this with you in order to give you a bespoke quote depending on the items you would like removed. Please however note that uplifts for WLC buildings and schools will only be offered where the service has the resources to do so.
If your school or council building would like an uplift please email Contact Us Online or call our contact centre on 01506 280000.