Children's Play Areas
West Lothian Council inspect and maintain play areas all year round.
Opportunities to participate in play activities are essential to the healthy mental, physical, social and emotional development of children. The main objectives are to ensure that children have accessible, safer, inclusive fun and stimulating play environments.
Inspection of play areas
West Lothian Council's equipped play areas are inspected on a regular basis. In between visits customers are invited to report problems such as broken glass and damaged equipment to us by telephoning 01506 280000 or completing the online form.
Play areas to be improved in 2022/2023
- Beecraigs Country Park Play Area, Linlithgow
- Bridgend Play Area, Bridgend
- Deanburn Play Area, Linlithgow
- East Calder Park Play Area, East Calder
- Eliburn Park Play Area, Eliburn, Livingston
- Gorsebank Play Area, Ladywell, Livingston
- Kirkfield West Play Area, Livingston Village
- Livingston Village Park Play Area, Livingston Village
- Polkemmet Country Park Play Area, Whitburn
- Raeburn Rigg 143 Play Area, Deans, Livingston
- Wester Inch Circle Play Area, Bathgate
Service Standards for Play Area Maintenance:
- Inspect and maintain our play areas once every ten working days
- Conduct independent inspection of all sites at least once every 18 months
- Make safe dangerous or vandalised equipment within 24 hours