Toggle menu

Housing Benefit and Universal Credit

Many people who rent their homes, and are on incomes which are significantly below average, are entitled to receive the largely Government funded Housing Benefit.

The Housing Benefit scheme is administered by experienced staff of the Council's Revenues Unit, West Lothian Council, Civic Centre, Howden South Road, Livingston, West Lothian, EH54 6FF. Tel: 01506 280000.

It is particularly important that anyone interested in claiming Housing Benefit entitlement should contact the Council as soon as possible, because there is a risk that the claimant may not be entitled to receive Housing Benefit for any rent paid before the Council was informed of the claim.