Public Transport Timetables and Information
The council is responsible for co-ordinating public transport services across West Lothian, although individual services are provided by private operators (ScotRail, First Edinburgh, etc).
Important Changes to Public Transport Services
A number of changes to public transport services have been announced. Visit the Passenger Transport Service Updates page for more information.
- Please view Traveline Scotland - Timetables for all your information on bus timetables or call 0871 200 22 33.
Passengers are also advised to check journey details before travelling at First Bus or by calling First Group on 01324 602 200.
Where can I get Public Transport Information?
Public Transport Information is available from the Council's Information Service (CIS) offices and bus and train operators. Printed timetables for some council contract services are also available. Alternatively follow the links to Traveline Scotland for further information.
- Traveline Scotland is Scotland's national public transport information service and provide impartial timetable and journey planning information for all of Scotland. This includes buses, trains, coaches, subway, ferries and Scottish internal flights.
Fraud and misuse of the National Concessionary Travel Scheme
Fraud and misuse of the National Concessionary Travel Scheme is believed to cost the taxpayer millions every year and is an ongoing area of concern for national transport agency Transport Scotland, who manage the scheme.
Transport Scotland provides a freephone 24-hour line to help beat the practice of 'over-staging', where bus pass holders are given a ticket for a longer journey than they actually travelled and bus firms claim back more cash than they are due from the Scottish Government.
Callers to the phone line will also be able to report other forms of misuse of the scheme, such as passengers using passes which don't belong to them or using fraudulent cards.
- The hotline is free to call and will be manned 24 hours a day on 0800 328 5690.
- Provide travel information on bus and rail timetables in West Lothian;
- Ensure that operators perform to contract for services supported by the council;
- Monitor performance of supported services and commercial operations;
- Assess demand for new services and implement them if they are approved; and
- Works with operators in the first instance to try to resolve customers complaints