How to Find Polkemmet
Information to help you locate Polkemmet Park
Four car parks provide good access to all the Park's facilities.
- Train Car Park (good access to Play Area and Owl Centre)
- Golf Car Park
- Driving Range Car Park
- South Car Park
There are 6 disabled parking bays close to the Visitor Centre.
The main entrance gate to the Park is locked at 21:00 (April - September) and 20:00 (October - March).
Should you be bringing a bus or horse box to Polkemmet, please ring the Visitor Centre well in advance and advice will be provided on where best to park.
No overnight parking allowed in any Country Park car parks.
Information and map boards are placed at all main car parks to assist you on your arrival to the Park.
Parks and Woodland supports and promotes the Scottish Outdoor Access Code. Management Rules are in operation in all three Country Parks within West Lothian and should you require advice on these, please do contact the Ranger Service for assistance. When you are in the outdoors please:-
take responsibility for your own actions;
- respect people's privacy and peace of mind;
- help farmers, landowners and others to work safely and effectively;
- care for the environment;
- keep your dog under proper control;
- take extra care if you are organising a group, an event or running a business.
For further advice on recreation and access issues throughout Scotland and to help better understand responsibilities under the Ranger Service Guide To Responsible Access In West Lothian
- Sat Nav postcode EH47 0AD
- OS Reference is: NS 925 650
- Leave the M8 at J4A Heartlands coming from Edinburgh and J5 coming from Glasgow, following the signs to the Country Park which lies on the B7066, midway between Whitburn and Harthill. The Country Park is next to the new Heartlands development.
- For advice, telephone on 0871 200 2233. The nearest train station is situated in Armadale. For rail information, telephone the National Rail Enquiry Line on 08457 484950.
Please ring the Visitor Centre 01501 743905 should you require more detailed directions.