Barbecue (BBQ) Hire - Online Booking Form
Barbecue pits are available to hire from 01 April 2023 to 29 October 2023. You can request a barbecue session using the form below.
Beecraigs - Public Toilet Refurbishment - Works start from 10 April 2023 and will affect public toilet provision and BBQ hire service at Beecraigs -
Beecraigs - Toilet Refurbishment
BBQs at Beecraigs will not be available to hire from 1 June-11 August 2023 due to essential refurbishment works of the Balvormie public toilets.
BBQ hire - A limited number of BBQ sessions will be available to hire across two of our Country Parks (dependent on available resources) so please ensure that you enquire on availability as soon as possible.
The available session times have changed to 10:00-13:30 and 13:45-17:15; there will be no evening sessions available.
- Beecraigs Barbecue Pits are both located at Balvormie, close to the Balvormie Pond & Meadow. Location can be seen on the map [1MB] .
- Polkemmet Barbecue Pit is located just 2 minutes from the Visitor Centre, close to the Play Area. Location can be seen on the map [434KB] .
- Almondell and Calderwood Barbeque Pit is just 5 minutes from the Visitor Centre, close to the riverside path, toilets and play area. Location can be seen on the map [577KB] .
From 1 April 2023
Barbecue Booking Fee per session - £30.45
Barbecue - mid week rate for 15 or less persons - £22.80
Rules of use do apply and can be viewed below.
Booking Conditions and Rules of Use
- Offers made in response to this enquiry will be sent by e-mail to the address given below.
- Online offers will be held open for 24 hours and will be cancelled unless paid at time of confirmation
- All Bookings are subject to the Barbecue Rules of Use
- Maximum number of 50 persons per BBQ pit
- Abide by Parks & Woodland's Management Rules, including no undue disturbance/annoyance to other Park users or which interferes with their peaceful enjoyment of the countryside
- Ensure planned activities during visit are approved by the Country Park in advance
- Consumption of alcohol by over 18's only is allowed within the barbecue areas by those issued with the appropriate permit
- Responsible adults (over 18's) must be in attendance throughout the booking to supervise the group
- Booking fees are non-returnable. Alternative dates within the current season are not given due to adverse weather conditions
- The barbecue facility is available from 10am to 9pm, Monday to Sunday inclusive. For the opening and closing dates of this facility please contact the Visitor Centre of the respective Country Park
- Barbecue groups must not leave any litter or rubbish within the Country Park, except in the receptacles specifically provided for use of the barbecue sites. Groups must make prior arrangement to remove any excess refuse. Failure to do so will result in an additional charge of £20 per hour for additional maintenance services
- Only charcoal should be used on the barbecue units. Groups must bring with them charcoal, firelighters, matches, aluminium foil, tools, etc. as required. It is recommended that you allow approximately 5 kilos of charcoal per 25 persons. Allow 1 hour before starting to cook. This will avoid tainting of food from the fire lighting agent. Gas barbecues are not permitted
- Hot coals must be left within the firebox. Never put hot coals into litter bins or onto the ground
- Disposable barbecues can be used on the metal stands placed on designated picnic tables
- For safety reasons, gazebos and tents are not permitted
- Extra litter bags are available from the Visitor Centres
Operational Services - NETs Land and Countryside, Service and Enquiry - Privacy Notice [82KB]