Toggle menu


Complaints about the publication scheme

Our aim is to make the publication scheme as user-friendly as possible, and we hope that you can access all the information we publish with ease. If you do wish to complain about any aspect of the publication scheme, please contact us and we will try to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible. You can contact:

Customer Services
West Lothian Council
West Lothian Civic Centre
Howden South Road
West Lothian
EH54 6FF
Telephone: 01506 280000

For more information on how the council handle complaints, access the Complaints page.

Appealing to the Scottish Information Commissioner

You have legal rights to access information under this scheme and a right of appeal to the Scottish Information Commissioner if you are dissatisfied with our response to requests for information.

These rights will apply only to publication scheme requests made in writing or another recordable format. If you are unhappy with our response to your request, you can ask us to review it and if you are still unhappy, you can make an appeal to the Scottish Information Commissioner.

This same three step right of appeal applies if you make written requests for information which is not included in the publication scheme, and are unhappy with the response you receive.  For guidance on how to request information which is not available under the scheme.

The commissioner's website has a guide to this three step process, and operates an enquiry service Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm. The office can be contacted as follows:

Scottish Information Commissioner
Kinburn Castle
Doubledykes Road
St Andrews
KY16 9DS
Tel: 01334 464610
Website: Scottish Information Commissioner (opens new window)