Customer Charter & Information
This page will signpost you to building warrant information and tell you where you can go to get information and help with building warrant applications.
Get Information on:
West Lothian Council building standards publish aannually. The customer charter informs our customers who we are, what we do and the level of service they can expect from us.
Making a quality building warrant application
Theexplains the building standards system to anyone making home improvements or starting building work.
document provides useful guidance on applying for a building warrant and provides information on the following key areas:
- Building standards system and warrant process
- Roles and responsibilities
- Who should submit a building warrant application
- What makes a quality application
- Project and application types
- List of useful building standards guidance
- Checklists of what to submit with a building warrant application
Site Inspections during Covid-19
If you are preparing for a site visit from building standards staff please read theon the measures we are taking whilst carrying out site inspections during the Covid-19 situation.
Performance is reported in the in the building standards performance page.and can also be found
Making an appointment:
You should make an appointment by contacting the officer on their direct dial number given in all correspondence or by telephoning 01506 280000 if you wish to:
- discuss an ongoing building warrant application
- arrange a site visit for ongoing approved works
If you visit without an appointment you will not be seen by a building standards officer. This is because they are most probably on site or dealing with other applications.
What if we can't answer your question?
We will always try and answer your question when you visit us, however this is not always possible. If we can't give you an immediate answer, we will give you a date when we will get back to you.