Customer Charter & Information
This page will signpost you to building warrant information and tell you where you can go to get information and help with building warrant applications.
Get Information on:
Making a quality building warrant application
- Building standards system and warrant process
- Roles and responsibilities
- Who should submit a building warrant application
- What makes a quality application
- Project and application types
- List of useful building standards guidance
- Checklists of what to submit with a building warrant application
Site Inspections during Covid-19
Performance is reported in the and can also be found in the building standards performance page.
Making an appointment:
You should make an appointment by contacting the officer on their direct dial number given in all correspondence or by telephoning 01506 280000 if you wish to:
- discuss an ongoing building warrant application
- arrange a site visit for ongoing approved works
If you visit without an appointment you will not be seen by a building standards officer. This is because they are most probably on site or dealing with other applications.
What if we can't answer your question?
We will always try and answer your question when you visit us, however this is not always possible. If we can't give you an immediate answer, we will give you a date when we will get back to you.