Toggle menu

Disabled Person Council Tax Reduction

Details of how to apply for and what requirements need to be met to be awarded disabled person Council Tax reduction.

You could pay less Council Tax if a disabled person lives in the property and requires, as a result of their disability:

  • an extra room to meet their needs; or
  • an extra bathroom to meet their needs; or
  • to use a wheelchair in the property.

If this is the case we will charge you the Council Tax for a band lower than your actual property band, e.g. if your property is in a band B your Council Tax will be charged at band A levels

To apply for a Disabled Persons Reduction you will need to complete an application form, this can be done online. If you have any difficulties completing this form please email us.

To assess your entitlement to a Disabled Person's Reduction an inspection of the property will be carried out. Once your application has been submitted, we will contact you to arrange an appointment for our visiting officer to call at your home.