Toggle menu

West Lothian Development Trust

What is the West Lothian Development Trust Fund? The West Lothian Development Trust fund is money received from windfarm developments in West Lothian.

West Lothian Development Trust

The West Lothian Development Trust was set up to administer and manage the funds. The trust comprises of members from the communities within 10km of the developments, West Lothian Council and the windfarm developers. West Lothian Council provides administrative support to the trust.

70% of all funding received is spent in communities within 5km of any windfarm development. The remaining 30% is spent within a 10km radius.

Purpose of the fund

The fund supports the development of projects in communities within 10km of any windfarm development. Projects should meet one of the following priorities:

  • Relieve poverty, advance education or social purposes beneficial to an eligible community
  • Promote and encourage environmental improvement or enhancement
  • Secure investment, create employment, implement training, promote or secure sustainable development
  • Provide or assist in the provision of renewable energy

The Trust administers six grant funds from the following Windfarms:

  • Black Law
  • Pateshill
  • Tormywheel
  • Pearie Law
  • Harburnhead
  • Cowdenhead

Funding is available from a small grants fund of up to £2,000 and a main grants fund of up to £25,000. A maximum of 70% intervention rate applies to both grants. There are separate application forms for each grant fund.

Eligible areas for funding from the Windfarms above:

Eligible areas for the Scottish Power Renewables Black Law Windfarm Fund
5kmFauldhouse
10km
ScottishPower Renewables Logo
Longridge
Stoneyburn
Breich
Addiewell
Whitburn
Greenrigg

 

Eligible areas for the Pateshill Fund
5kmStoneyburn
Addiewell
Harburn
Breich
West Calder
10kmFauldhouse
Longridge
Whitburn
Blackburn
Murieston

 

 

Eligible areas for the Harburnhead Fund
5kmWest Calder
Harburn
10kmStoneyburn
Breich
Blackridge
Longridge
Polbeth
Seafield
Livingston Village
Craigshill
Dedridge
Murieston
Bellsquarry

 

Eligible areas for the Pearie Law Fund
5kmWest Calder
Addiewell
Harburn
10kmBreich
Fauldhouse
Longridge
Stoneyburn
Whitburn
Blackburn
Boghall
Seafield
Livingston Village
Craigshill
Dedridge
Murieston

 

Eligible areas for the Tormywheel Fund

5km

Breich
Fauldhouse
Longridge
Stoneyburn
10kmWest Calder
Blackburn
Whitburn

 

For more information and for information on how to apply visit the Trust's website - www.wldt.net/ or contact the West Lothian Development on WestLothianDevelopmentTrust@westlothian.gov.uk