Corporate Procurement Unit
The Corporate Procurement Unit provides support to satisfy the supply, service and works needs of West Lothian. We strive to gain efficiencies and savings for West Lothian citizens through the use of electronic and collaborative procurement opportunities and supporting sustainable development objectives.
The Corporate Procurement Unit is responsible for providing strategic procurement direction, advising and guiding customers, facilitating supplier and contract reviews and implementing improvements to procurement processes, procedures and systems to deliver benefits and enhanced procurement performance to customers.
The main areas of work for the Corporate Procurement Unit are:
- Conducting tenders and establishing supplies, service and works contracts that deliver best value
- Delivering financial savings for the council through contract arrangements
- Delivering Community Benefits for the council through contract arrangements
- Providing easily understood procurement procedures and professional procurement guidance and advice.
- Ensuring compliance with council Standing Orders
- Ensuring compliance with applicable Scottish, national and European procurement rules and legislation.
- Minimising commercial risk.
- Sourcing non contracted supplies and services.
- Promoting the use of electronic procurement processes throughout the council.