Business Rates Freedom of Information Requests and Publication of Relief Recipients
West Lothian Council receives a number of requests of a similar nature for information which relates to Business Rate accounts (non-domestic properties).
To address these requests we are now publishing a list of live business rates properties within West Lothian, this list contains the following information:
- Ratepayer name
- Rateable value
- Property description
- Liability start date
- Property address
- Occupation Status (Occupied or Empty)
- Mandatory relief
- Discretionary relief
- Small Business Bonus
We will publish this information on a quarterly basis in March, June, September and December. We will not provide individual responses to requests during the year for similar information but will re-direct requests to our published list of reports held on this webpage.
Limitation of Data
- The ratepayer is the person liable to pay the charge. It is not possible to identify the owners from our records.
- Account references are not included as these are personal to the account.
- Only the property address will be provided.
- The information is only available in the format provided.
Publication of Relief Recipients
The independent Barclay Review of Non-Domestic Rates recommended that a full list of recipients of rates relief should be published to improve transparency. This recommendation has been implemented from 2021 with quarterly lists being published below in March, June, September and December using the format provided by the Scottish Government.