Toggle menu

Skin Piercing and Tattooing Licence

In terms of the Civic Government (Scotland) Act 1982, West Lothian Council operates a licensing scheme which is required to carry on a business where tattooing or skin piercing is being provided. The scheme is administered by the Council's Licensing Team.

The Licensing Team are able to provide general guidance on the scheme but cannot assist you to complete your application form or provide legal advice on whether a licence is required. You should seek legal advice from a solicitor or advice centre if you are unsure as to whether you require a licence.