Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Information and Updates

Updates on council services, latest news and information relating to Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Gaming Permits

If you operate from a premises within West Lothian and you require a gaming permit then you will need to make an application to West Lothian Licensing Board.

The impact of the Coronavirus (COVID -19) continues to have a significant impact on the processing of licence applications.

If you need to get in touch with the Licensing Team, please do so by email to the following address email enquiries will be prioritised and responded to on a priority/urgent basis.

In the meantime, applications for licences and permits should be posted along with cheques or postal orders for payment of any fee required and copies of all required supporting documentation to;

Licensing Team
West Lothian Council
Civic Centre
EH54 6FF

If you are unable to post your application and fee please contact the Licensing Team by email.

Please be aware that there will likely be delays in the processing of applications due to changes in working conditions due to the ongoing situation.  

Gaming Permits

You can apply to the Board for the following kinds of permit:

  • Unlicensed family entertainment centre permit
  • Prize gaming permit
  • Licensed premises gaming machine permit
  • Club gaming permit
  • Club machine permit

The different kinds of permit available under the Gambling Act 2005 are available to limited applicants and permit limited activities.  Please refer to the following sections of the Board's policy statement for the period 2019-2022 for further information:

  • Gaming machines in general
  • Unlicensed family entertainment centre permits
  • Prize gaming permits
  • Club gaming and club machine permits
  • Premises licensed to sell alcohol

Application forms for the different kinds of permit the Board can issue are available in the downloads section of this page.

The Licensing Team is able to provide general guidance on the scheme but cannot assist you to complete your application form or provide legal advice on whether a permit is required. Applicants should consult the gambling licensing webpages for general guidance before making any application.

Holders of premises licences issued under the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 wishing to make available two or less gaming machines of category C or D on their premises must notify the Board and should do so using the notification form available from the downloads section of this page. Please refer to the following section of the Board's policy statement for the period 2019-2022 for further information:

Premises Licensed to Sell Alcohol 

The Gambling Commission has issued a Code of practice for gaming machines in clubs and premises with an alcohol licence Icon for pdf Code of Practice [53.83KB]

The Gambling Commission also has a quick guide regarding gaming machines on licensed premises, including but not limited to pubs.  A copy of the guide can be accessed through the following link Gaming Machines

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon