We can provide replacement documents relating to building warrants
Please note that if copies of approved plans are provided these are for information purposes only and may not reflect the actual as built construction.
For residential buildings (including individual dwellings), copying is limited to anyone with an interest in the building, such as the current (or prospective) owner, occupier or tenant, known as an 'interested party'. Copying is also extended to an 'interested party' of an adjoining building. For other types of building where there is a security concern copies can only be provided with the written permission of the owner.
To get copies of building warrant documents, you must submit an application for a copy document to obtain copies of the information held in Part 2 of the building standards register.
Please note that Part 2 information is only held for applications from 1987 onwards. .
On payment of the fee and subject to any copyright restrictions, copies of documents contained in Part 2 of the building standards register may be obtained.
Fees for copy documents are:
It may take up to 20 days to reply to an application for copy documentation
- Building warrant reference supplied along with application £31*
- Building warrant reference NOT supplied along with application £52*
It is also possible to obtain fast track** copy documents. Fees for these applications are:
- Building warrant reference supplied along with application £75*
- Building warrant reference NOT supplied along with application £100*
* A further fee may be required dependant on the quantity of documentation / plans required.
** Fast track applications provided within 5 working days of receipt of the request.
For your information;
Part 1 of the register should contain:
- details of any certificates from approved certifiers of design or construction submitted with warrants and completion certificates,
- any conditions relating to grants of warrants,
- any enforcement notices when issued, altered or withdrawn and
- any continuing requirements imposed by warrant.
Part 2 of the register should contain:
- copies of warrants and completion certificates, including certificates from approved certifiers of design and construction
- the principle drawings and specifications
- and other documents submitted by verifiers for registration in connection with particular projects
- any copies of energy performance certificates and any statement of sustainability (new buildings only)