West Lothian Anti-Poverty Strategy
The Community Planning Partnership is committed to addressing poverty and believes that West Lothian should be a place where everyone has the chance of a decent and secure life free of poverty.
- protect people in West Lothian from the worst extremes of poverty and deprivation
- enable and empower people to access opportunities to become financially resilient
- tell a different story about poverty and increase understanding and reduce the stigma
- work collaboratively with partners, and use our collective voice to lobby the Scottish and UK Government to bring about change
Community Planning Partners develop and deliver a range of activities each year designed to work towards these overall aims. The focus of this work will be on those households that are:
- working but not earning enough
- not working and on a very low income
- just about managing; and
- those not managing at all
The strategy is overseen by an Anti-Poverty Task Force, which monitors progress through a range of performance indicators. These indicators link closely with the Local Outcomes Improvement Plan, West Lothian Community Planning Partnership's long term vision for West Lothian. It sets out the local outcomes the CPP will prioritise and how the CPP will deliver on these.