£1million funding available to support local communities
Applicants are now being invited to apply for a share of £1million to go towards projects and initiatives which could benefit local communities.
The money is available via two separate funds for projects which look to support and enhance their local community.
The Town Centre Capital Fund will see £500,000 allocated to all West Lothian Towns (defined as those with populations over 1000) to support capital projects that improve the local community. Projects must be identified by local community organisations based on their communities need. Applications will be accepted from community organisations, including community councils, or West Lothian Council services on behalf of community supported ideas. Projects must contribute to making physical improvements in town centre areas. Examples of previous recipients include public art projects and refurbishment works.
For further details on what the fund is aiming to achieve, the eligibility criteria and how you can apply, please visit: West Lothian Town Centre Capital Fund 2022-23
An additional £500,000 will be made available via the new Community Wealth Building funding stream. Projects are expected to have a value of £100,000 or above.
There are a number of examples of capital projects being delivered in other areas across
Scotland to deliver Community Wealth Building, and these include:
- projects to tackle under-utilised and derelict land and buildings,
- using land and property assets to help develop low carbon and renewable energy schemes and networks,
- unlocking assets to develop community enterprise hubs for small businesses and social enterprises,
- developing progressive and productive use of land and property (e.g. for Food Farm providing employment and training opportunities and food production; tree planting), and
- developing transport models.
Details on how to apply for Community Wealth Building are available on the West Lothian Council website: Place Based Investment Programme
The deadline for applications for both the Town Centre Fund and Community Wealth Building is 5pm on Friday 22 April.