Find out how to challenge the council's decision on your application, or lodge an appeal

If you don't agree with one or more of the conditions which were attached to your consent, or think that your application should not have been refused, you can:

  • request a review by the Local Review Body (if the decision was not decided by committee); or
  • submit an appeal to the Government's Directorate for Planning and Environmental Appeals (if your application was decided by committee, or if it's an application for listed building consent or for an advertisement).

At West Lothian Council's Local Review Body you will find reports for any reviews which have been lodged, and the dates of Local Review Body meetings.

For appeals which have been lodged with the Planning and Environmental Appeals Division you should visit  Planning Appeals online.

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon