Current Road Closures and Diversions
Details of road closures and diversions currently in place in West Lothian.
It is our aim to limit the inconvenience to road users during maintenance works however, from time to time, we need to close roads or divert the traffic.
For Emergency and Unplanned Road Closures please visit the Emergency Road Closures page.
For road works in West Lothian which do not result in a complete closure, diversion, or parking suspension please check Scottish Road Works Online.
- Baird Road, Armadale - Road Closure (Monday 16 Apr) Road closure and parking suspension will take place on Baird Road, Armadale to allow for carriageway resurfacing.
- Leyland Road, Bathgate - Road Closure (Monday 9 Apr) Leyland Road will be closed from Birniehill Roundabout, generally south-eastwards for a distance of approximately 250 metres for installation of services and resurfacing work.
- A801 M8 Junction 4 roundabout - Temporary Speed Limit (Sunday 8 Apr) A temporary speed limit will be in place at the M8 junction 4 roundabout and approaches for ground investigation works in advance of repairs to M8 overbridge.
- A801 Avon Gorge - Road Closure (Wednesday 21 Mar) The A801 Avon Gorge (Falkirk Council) will be closed to carry out emergency repair work following a slippage in the embankment on the west side.
- High Street, Linlithgow - Loading Bay/Taxi Rank suspension (Saturday 29 Jan) The loading bay/taxi rank outside 88-94 High Street will be suspended to allow scaffolding to be erected for the demolition of 88-94 High Street (Victoria Halls).