Reporting blocked Drains and Gully Issues
To report a problem with blocked drains and gullies on public roads, please complete our online form.
To report a problem with a building's external sewage drain - please contact Scottish Water
- Provide an effective response to emergencies within 4 hours
- Carry out safety inspections on all public roads to comply with the inspection intervals in the Code of Practice for Roads Maintenance.
- Clean all gullies on public roads a minimum of once per year
- Prioritise the road drainage work based on public safety, and minimising the council's exposure to risk
- Consult with people that may be affected by road drainage works to minimise disruption and inconvenience.
- Effectively monitor and maintain ditches and channels draining the public roads.
- Comply with relevant regulations and codes of practice when undertaking drainage works.
- Evaluate enquiries/requests relating to the service within 5 days and respond to the customer within 10 working days.
- Acknowledge receipt of a complaint with a letter to the customer within 5 days and respond to the customer within 10 working days or longer if agreed between the service representative and the customer before the completion of the 10 day timescale