The Waste Services received funding from Zero Waste Scotland to train an officer to deliver the Waste Smart programme.
This is available to anyone within West Lothian Council who feels their workplace could benefit from becoming more waste and resource efficient, for example, Head Teachers, Facilities Management staff and caretakers.
The training is available free of charge and all materials will be provided. Training is usually carried out over one day although shorter sessions can be arranged over several days to accommodate shift patterns and business needs. Each course can take 6-8 participants.
Waste Smart is the Chartered Institute of Waste Management standard training course designed to offer accessible, practical and sustainable waste and resource management skills.
The course is available at foundation or advanced levels. The foundation level is divided into the following sessions:
- Waste as a resource
- The environmental impact of waste
- The cost of managing waste
- Understanding and applying the Waste Hierarchy
- Legislation and compliance
For the advanced level, the following sessions are also covered:
- How to identify opportunities to reduce waste in the workplace
- Managing resources and wastes in the workplace
- How to demonstrate improvements
For more information or to book a course, please contact email@example.com