How to report Antisocial Behaviour
The Community Safety Unit (CSU) is situated within the West Lothian Civic Centre building at Howden South Road in Livingston. The CSU continues to maintain the good partnership working that exists between West Lothian Council, Police Scotland, Scottish Fire and Rescue Service and West Lothian voluntary organisations.
Working together within the CSU are Police Scotland & Scottish Fire and Rescue Service officers and WLC staff
- The Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT) Officers for the East of West Lothian are based within the CSU. The other SNT officers for the West, are based in Whitburn in the Area Housing Office (AHO).
- The SNT have legislative powers that help them deal with complaints of Antisocial Noise and where appropriate they use fixed penalty tickets and can seize equipment. If necessary, they can work with the police for more serious disturbances.
Antisocial behaviour can include:
- neighbour complaints
- unoccupied houses
- vandalism /damage
- fly tipping
- street drinking
One of the most important things YOU can do to improve your community is to report antisocial behaviour. Let us know what is happening. With your help we can stop antisocial behaviour before it escalates into something more serious. You can contact us by:
1. Calling: WLC Customer Service Centre (CSC) on 01506 280000. They will ensure you will be connected to the appropriate service or call Police Scotland on 101.
2. Text phones offer the opportunity for people with a hearing impairment to access the council. The text phone number is: 18001 01506 651115. A loop system is also available in all offices.
3. By post: West Lothian Council, West Lothian Community Safety Unit, West Lothian Civic Centre, Howden South Road, Livingston, West Lothian, EH54 6FF
4. E-mail: Email the Community Safety Unit
E-mail messages to WLC Customer Service Centre (CSC) will be received during normal working hours and sent to the appropriate Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT) (West / East)
Serious Antisocial Behaviour
The SNT work closely with the police to promote Community Safety and reduce the fear of violence in communities across West Lothian. They wish to hear of incidents occurring, as soon as possible, to allow them to investigate and where possible, to intervene and prevent them from happening again.
Please report anything you see suspicious or concerning.
The police can be contacted on 101.
For ongoing serious incidents, call 999.