Report a Pothole or Other Road Issue
Our Roads Maintenance team are responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the adopted road network across West Lothian.
Should you wish to report this issue anonymously, please call our Contact Centre on 01506 280000
Privacy Notice – Operational Services – online request for service [78kb]
The team evaluate all day-to-day road maintenance issues and defects such as potholes, road drainage and any other road or footpath related repair issues. You can report these using the online form below. Please read the information in the drop down boxes regarding Emergencies and Motorway maintenance.
For all road Emergencies please first call our Customer Service Centre on 01506 280000.
If possible please quote the nearest house number, street and town name and give as much detail as you can about the location of the problem.
- Any new road incident that has damaged the road surface.
- Obstructions on a carriageway that pose an immediate danger to other road users.
- Missing or broken road drains or manhole covers.
- Roads that are impassable due to flooding or fallen trees that block a road.
- Debris or spillages following a traffic accident.
Customers who wish to report new road defects, gritting issues, potholes, litter etc. on the M8 and M9 trunk roads should contact Amey via the following details:
- Email - OCCR.SEscotland@amey.co.uk
- Telephone - 0800 042 0188
- Website - Amey
- Information Leaflet - South East Trunk Roads Network - Amey [1Mb]
The contract to maintain the M8 and M9 Motorways, slip roads and overbridges was awarded by Transport Scotland to Amey in August 2014 for a period of 6 years with an option to extend up to a maximum of eight years (Previously these trunk roads were maintained by BEAR Scotland).